[plt-scheme] scaling and rotating images using image.ss

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 26 15:25:15 EDT 2009

On Sep 26, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Nadeem Abdul Hamid wrote:

> I believe Stephen Bloch's teachpack (sb-tiles) provides some
> functions for rotation and maybe other operations.

Look for "tiles" on PLaneT.  It provides 90-degree rotations,
reflections across x, y, and both diagonals, and a couple of other
things.  It does NOT provide scaling or fractional rotations, because
those require more-complex pixel-twiddling.

> It would be nice to also have some functions for cropping images in
> the next version of image.ss, please.

The "tiles" teachpack also provides "crop-top", "crop-bottom", "crop-
left", and "crop-right".  I think image has something equivalent, but
I don't remember the names.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.