[plt-scheme] Re: [OT] Making the transition from Java to C

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Fri Sep 25 07:43:35 EDT 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 02:23:38 -0700 (PDT)
Sigrid <keydana at gmx.de> wrote:

> And given that Kernighan/Ritchie is so short and such a
> classic, IMHO it's perhaps best to read it quickly and then lookat
> some real C code. At least that's what I imagine I would do :-) )

Yep, given that K&R is so short one should read it and then do some
exercises. I personally did the exercises from "C Primer Plus" which
were, after all probably more helpful than the book itself.

Besides this, I have a book with (quote cover) 1755 exercises for C,
doing these should be helpful too. I just ran out of time to do them,
since many things are just more enjoyable in my spare time.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.