[plt-scheme] handin-server checker

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Sep 2 18:09:46 EDT 2009

On Sep  2, Ryan Golbeck wrote:
> Has anyone started / tried using the handin-server checker framework
> to deal with assignents that use the new universe teachpack?
> Namely, how are people dealing with the big-bang expression which
> may not have a stop-when? clause to end the simulation in
> combination with the checker?

A sandboxed evaluator runs in its own thread, and you can kill it
whenever.  However, it will be difficult to programmatically test that
the window is up, that the graphics is showing what it should etc.

And that reminds me of an additional item I forgot to mention in my
last email: there is no way currently to have `check-expect' raise an
error for test failures (and it's very difficult to even tell if a
sandbox had test failures at all).