[plt-scheme] Re: Drscheme icon

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (spdegabrielle at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 31 19:33:19 EDT 2009

Thanks Neil, I'm using the 'opening chocolate bar wrapper' version, when I
need a larger version, and for smaller icons I use a modified version of the
http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/~robby/logos/plt.svg file without the outer
ring, and a larger stroke(attached), the only downside is the lambda is a
bit thin. (the plticon.ico works for the smaller sizes)

Thanks for the extracted lambda  too. I'd use it if it wasn't for the fine
versions I can now use :)

Cheers,

Stephen

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Neil Toronto <ntoronto at cs.byu.edu> wrote:

> John Clements wrote:
>

>> On Oct 30, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Neil Toronto wrote:
>>
>>  You're the boss(es). I've attached an update.
>>>
>>> Leg warmers are, like, totally 80s, but if you want 'em on your lambda,
>>> you've got 'em. Let me know if you want a popped collar on that sucker.
>>>

>> I see what you mean: that lambda looks stately, and pretty much wrecks the
>> dynamism of the shiny nineties look.
>>

> Actually, I was just teasing Shriram to get back at him for calling mine
> ugly. Either that, or I was making a subtle philosophical point about the
> rise and fall of fashions (note: backported explanation).
>
> Wait... "shiny nineties look"? :p
>

>  I still agree with Shriram's comments about the other lambda; that left
>> leg looks ugly and grafted-on.
>>

> Yeah, I wasn't too focused on making the lambda look good - I was all about
> the shiny. I also didn't know there was an SVG already.
>
> It was annoying to extract the lambda from the SVG. (I had to play some CSG
> ops + simplification games because the lambda is made of negative space.)
> I've attached the extracted lambda for anyone who wants it.
>

>  FWIW, I'm always happy to see the logo change.
>>

> We have the last logo designer's blessing! Full steam ahead! :)
>
> Neil T

Stephen De Gabrielle
stephen.degabrielle at acm.org
Telephone +44 (0)20 85670911