[plt-scheme] Segfault in web server (due to missing library??)

From: David Storrs (david.storrs at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 29 16:57:52 EDT 2009

The following test script segfaults Scheme on my Debian 5.0 server:

#lang scheme
(require web-server/stuffers/hmac-sha1)
(HMAC-SHA1
  (string->bytes/utf-8 "secret")
  (string->bytes/utf-8 "foo bar baz"))

I ran (enter! web-server/stuffers/hmac-sha1) from a scheme REPL, and
verified that HMAC-SHA1/raw is the source of the segfault, but I don't know
anything about FFI programming so I can't see how to go forward with it from
there.

This is a very bare-bones server, so it's probably just missing a library or
such.  I do see that it's looking for libcrypto, and (IIUC) it will accept
0.9.8.  I have the following libcryptos:

/usr/lib/libcrypto.a
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc

...so I would have thought it would work.

Any suggestions on where to look next?

Dave