[plt-scheme] Some PLT environment issues

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 29 11:41:47 EDT 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 4:59 AM, Scott McLoughlin wrote:

> 4) Dr Scheme needs clean, simple revision control integration.

I was talking to the BlueJ list about this a few months ago.  BlueJ,
like DrScheme, is a beginner-friendly development environment.  They
added cvs and svn integration a year or two ago, but only as a
collaboration tool -- there was no way (within the BlueJ environment)
to retrieve an old version, revert to an old version, etc.  I
suggested a model similar to a Web browser with "forward" and "back"
buttons: if you're already at the latest version, the "forward"
button is disabled.  This assumes that your cvs/svn/git/whatever
repository is linear, not branching, but that would cover a large
fraction of the cases for a tiny fraction of the complexity.  You'd
still need to go through a dialogue once to configure the connection
to the server, of course....

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.