[plt-scheme] Re: [ANN] Lazy Scribble Documentator and Packager

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 28 15:16:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 19:23, Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Laurent wrote:
>
>> try :
>> (planet-build "jon" 1 0)
>>
>> or use (set-planet-env "jon" 1 0) beforehand to modify the default
>> parameters.
>>
>> By default, the username is that of the OS environment (or maybe that
>> value
>> is windows-specific, I should check that). If there is none, I guess that
>> could fail.
>> Maybe I should use another default value.
>>
>> Tell me if that works.
>>

> Ok that worked. I got a bit farther but it died when trying to make the
> planet package.
>
> System: /home/jon/svn/scheme/vi/planet create /home/jon/svn/scheme/vi
> /bin/sh: /home/jon/svn/scheme/vi/planet: not found
> #f
>
> I guess it tried to search for the 'planet' executable and defaulted to the
> current directory?

probably something like this indeed.

Maybe its better to invoke planet programmatically using its API?

Strangely, I'm now having troubles using (make-planet-archive).
I first chose the planet executable because it shows more debug info, but
now on my system "planet create" still works but not make-planet-archive,
which returns:

M:\Program Files\PLT\collects\planet\util.ss:351:2: PLaneT packager: Error
generating scribble documentation: M:\Program
Files\PLT\collects\scheme\private\map.ss:45:11: namespace-attach-module: a
different module with the same name is already in the destination namespace,
for name: "M:\Program Files\PLT\collects\scheme\contract.ss"

I don't know what this means or why this happens...

Could you tell me what these calls return:
(find-system-path 'run-file)
(find-system-path 'orig-dir)

>From the docs, I thought 'orig-dir would return DrScheme executable dir, but
it looks like not always.
So maybe if I switch to 'run-file and extract the path that could work.

If 'run-file returns the correct PLT directory (and if the planet executable
is in the same directory), then in the package.ss, locate "(define exec-dir
...." and try to replace it with this :
(define exec-dir
  (let-values ([(base name must-be-dir?) (split-path (find-system-path
'run-file))])
    base))

Then re-do the procedure to build the package (F5 in tools.ss then require
then planet-build).

> Also I checked the .scrbl files in the reference/ directory and they look
> ok, but they have ^M (as seen in vi) characters at the end of lines which is
> a windows-ism for leaving in carriage return (char 13). But thats not a huge
> deal.

hmm, not nice. It shouldn't cause any problems for the HTML files though. I
hope.
Could it be because I used multi-line strings in my code?

Laurent