[plt-scheme] scheme_add_managed with FFI

From: Chognkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 28 13:48:49 EDT 2009

I still think there is a bug for that:

#lang scheme
(require scheme/foreign
         (only-in '#%foreign ffi-callback))
(unsafe!)
(provide make-p)
(define callback
  (ffi-callback (lambda (p _) (free p)) (list _scheme _pointer) _void))
(define add-managed
  (get-ffi-obj "scheme_add_managed" #f
               (_fun (_pointer = #f) _scheme _fpointer (_pointer = #f)
_bool -> _pointer)))
(define (make-p)
 (let ((p (malloc _pointer 'raw)))
   (add-managed p callback #t)
   p))

First I'm using ffi-callback from '#%foreign to make the callback, cause
I can't figure out another way to do it so that only one C callback will
be build. But the doc says "The '#%foreign module is not intended for
direct use". Second even though the callback is kept in a module top
level variable, it can/might be GCed when/before the custodian is
shutdown, as demonstrated by the attached file.

Chongkai