[plt-scheme] Some PLT environment issues

From: Scott McLoughlin (scott at adrenaline.com)
Date: Tue Oct 27 19:30:18 EDT 2009

Most importantly, on "frob"

"The term *Frob* has typically been used to refer to any small device or
object
(usually hand-sized) which can be manipulated, or /*frobbed*/. It was
adopted by
the community of computer programmers which grew out of the MIT
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT> Tech
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tech_Model_Railroad_Club>
Model Railroad Club
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tech_Model_Railroad_Club> in the 1950s.
/Frob/ is among the oldest existing words in
hacker <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28computing%29> jargon, as
reported in the Jargon File <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jargon_File>."

Second, regarding adding a "Project" entity to PLT that can be managed,
it just
seems logical/prudent to me to completely defer secondary UI issues.
Instead,
all the logic an functionality could be worked out for mzscheme via a
relatively
simple command line utility (or even a little scheme repl - whatever).

The utility could just run emacs or vi or whatever when needed
(preferably an
editor that can scripts on startup, highlight lines on demand, etc.),
run Lynx
or Firefox or whatever when needed to view docs, run the subversion
command line
utility and so on and so forth.

This allows for actually building the data structures, organizing them
on disk,
analyzing the project information and keeping track of *that* and so on and
so forth.

Any thoughts?   Sound like a reasonable first step?

Scott