[plt-scheme] string-upper-case

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Oct 25 16:28:26 EDT 2009

Noel Welsh wrote at 10/25/2009 04:14 PM:
> IIRC there used to be a function in Unlib that tried to correctly
> capitalise names. E.g. "Van Dyke" vs "van Dyke". I see this as a step
> towards what you propose. Of course cats are more difficult than

Except for that nation of crazy engineers who build their coastal cities
below sea level, who complicate things by capitalizing their names wrong.

"string-titlecase*" is indeed a step towards "string-catcap", in that
applying it to a full formal cat address with title, such as "sir i am
become death, DESTROYER of upholstery", preserves the crucial all-caps
portion.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/