[plt-scheme] string-upper-case

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 25 16:14:30 EDT 2009

IIRC there used to be a function in Unlib that tried to correctly
capitalise names. E.g. "Van Dyke" vs "van Dyke". I see this as a step
towards what you propose. Of course cats are more difficult than
humans, having three names (of distinct classes) as Old Possum
explains. So the question becomes which class do you capitalise? A
vexing problem indeed.

N.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> I have often wondered why R5RS didn't have a procedure that accepts a string
> and returns a new string that is like the input one but with all the likely
> names of cats in it capitalized.
>
> R6RS dropped the ball on "string-catcap", but perhaps PLT will lead where
> others have been too small-minded or fearful to tread.

Posted on the users mailing list.