[plt-scheme] Tool/plugin: packer.plt

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen.degabrielle at acm.org)
Date: Mon Oct 12 17:50:46 EDT 2009

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your comments. I've updated the packer tool, and I feel
I've addressed your points best I can for the moment. (see below)

As usual, to load 	(require (planet spdegabrielle/packer:1:1))
[ http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=packer.plt&owner=spdegabrielle
]

Thanks again,

Stephen

> I tried it out. Its a good idea, I think. Usually I make these dumb little makefiles to generate .plt files but I'd rather use something else.
>
> 1. if I run 'pack .plt' without saving the current buffer (I mean its a brand
> new, unnamed buffer) I get some error about split-path and #f.
it now just ignores the request - I think I should work out how to
generate a DrScheme-ey error message (like check-syntax)

> 2. if my current file is blah.ss then the resulting .plt file is blah.ss.plt. I
> think it should be just blah.plt
fixed

> 3. at first I was worried that only blah.ss was part of the .plt package but
> when I did 'planet structure blah.ss.plt' I noticed everything in the
> directory where blah.ss was (or maybe it was the current working directory,
> which happened to be the same) was also included. It would be nice if I
> could manually select the files with the option of "include all .ss files found
> recursively" or something. This is especially important because even if I am
> in my project directory I will probably have .svn directories hanging around
> that I don't want to send to planet.

The manual suggests that make-planet-archive should skip subversion
files/folders.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made a simple little plugin to help get a library on planet.
>> It makes an info.ss and creates a .PLT file for upload.
>>
>> Comments suggestions welcome- or just tell me if it's a dumb idea.
>>

> I tried it out. Its a good idea, I think. Usually I make these dumb little makefiles to generate .plt files but I'd rather use something else.
>
> 1. if I run 'pack .plt' without saving the current buffer (I mean its a brand new, unnamed buffer) I get some error about split-path and #f.
>
> 2. if my current file is blah.ss then the resulting .plt file is blah.ss.plt. I think it should be just blah.plt
>
> 3. at first I was worried that only blah.ss was part of the .plt package but when I did 'planet structure blah.ss.plt' I noticed everything in the directory where blah.ss was (or maybe it was the current working directory, which happened to be the same) was also included. It would be nice if I could manually select the files with the option of "include all .ss files found recursively" or something. This is especially important because even if I am in my project directory I will probably have .svn directories hanging around that I don't want to send to planet.

Posted on the users mailing list.