[plt-scheme] [OT] grateful for PLT Check Syntax

From: Chognkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 9 15:34:54 EDT 2009

Sorry for telling that, but that story has nothing to do with PLT's
Check Syntax. For nearly all languages, reference to an undefined
variable is a compile time error. But this is not true for Computer
Algebra Systems(CAS). Even with no values bind to variable `x', a CAS
should still reduce `x+x+x' to `3x', which implies reference to an
undefined variable is not an error. But CAS do have their merits.

Chongkai