[plt-scheme] Q. about editor<%> internal-locks

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Oct 7 15:58:31 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> Are you accessing the editor from more than one thread?

No.  In particular, the only references to this editor are

1) it's embedded in a canvas which is part of a visible pane, and
2) There's an "update" method that is called by only one thread.

Also, in order to verify this, I protected it with a semaphore (which
had no effect) and bracketed it with printfs (which confirmed that
there were always an equal number of 'enter's and 'exit's before an
'enter'). My guess is therefore that the internal locking is caused by
some kind of drawing-to-the-screen-mumble process that I have no
control over.

John