[plt-scheme] Automatic recompilation of source files with new versions of PLT Scheme

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 6 17:02:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Gordon, Thomas
<Thomas.Gordon at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> I usually add the Carneades sources to the PLT collects folder with a
> symbolic link (ln -s ...) from the Unix shell.

Ah, that explains it. DrScheme avoids compilation of files in the
collections tree, as some installations don't have write access there
and the .zo files there are generally assumed to be up to date (by
running setup-plt).

Altho such moves would have been more normal in the past, nowadays we
try to discourage that (well, the positive way to put that is we try
to make things work with relative paths and the like so that people
don't feel the need to do that).

Is there some reason in this case why you need to that?

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.