[plt-scheme] Problems compiling PLT scheme on Solaris

From: Fabian Reck (fre at informatik.uni-kiel.de)
Date: Tue Oct 6 10:16:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

we encounter problems when we try to compile the latest version of PLT
scheme on Sun Solaris 5.10 with gcc 4.1.2. The problem is, that in the
file src/mzscheme/src/numcomp.c two symbols are referenced:

scheme_can_inline_fp_comp and scheme_can_inline_fp_op

Both of them are defined in src/mzscheme/src/jit.c but since the macro
MZ_USE_JIT is not defined, the compiler ignores them.

In order to solve a problem with large file support, we had to pass the
options "-m64 -Xlinker -64" to the compiler. Perhaps this is related to
our problem. In spite of that we just did the standard compilation
procedure.

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Fabian

Posted on the users mailing list.