[plt-scheme] Compression dictionary

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Oct 5 13:00:35 EDT 2009

On Oct  5, Robby Findler wrote:
> That looks a lot like LZW compression to me. Perhaps you can't use
> the library, but you should be able to use the algorithm.

Yes, that's the best candidate I have so far, but I prefer a better
approach if there is one.  The problem with LZW is that it is based on
a running sequence of data, but I'm dealing with short unrelated
segments.  Also, at least in the simple versions that I've seen, the
dictionary never shrinks, and I don't know how that will play out with
a big file...

I'm hoping that someone knows of some simple solution that fits this
problem naturally...