[plt-scheme] abstract wall of recursion

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 22 17:21:37 EST 2009

How do you feel about proof by induction? If you're not
comfortable/familiar might try some simple proofs by induction to get
comfortable with it. This was 1st year maths for me, so there should
be many examples on the 'net. Proof by induction is the basis for
solving problems by recursion.

HTH,
N.

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM, mike <anesward at mac.com> wrote:
> Problem 14.3.4 and 15.1.2 were certainly challenging but i was able to
> solve them by not thinking too deeply about the
> recursive procedures embedded within both solutions. And
> that is the problem if i try to think too much about what is
> going on, i feel i'm hitting an abstract wall made of steel.
>  I hope this unsettled feeling is part of the learning process
> and will pass.
> mike

Posted on the users mailing list.