[plt-scheme] documentation feature requests

From: Lee Spector (lspector at hampshire.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 15 16:39:36 EST 2009

I usually get into the documentation with searches, either with esc-F1
to search for the currently selected symbol or by selecting "Help
Desk" from the Help menu (in Mac OS X) and then doing a search from
there. When search fails I'm pretty frustrated and then start hunting
through the docs from the ToC. BTW my searches often fail because my
search term doesn't occur in a defined symbol name, or whatever else
the searches search, even if it occurs in the documentation itself.
It'd be nice to have searches that search over all of the text in the
documentation, at least optionally.

  -Lee

On Nov 15, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Noel Welsh wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Lee Spector
> <lspector at hampshire.edu> wrote:
>>
>> 2. More examples -- simple, minimal examples -- in the
>> documentation would
>> help very very very much
>
> Out of interest, how do you use the documentation? Do you start at the
> Guide, or with search, or the Reference? What do you do if search
> fails?
>
> Thanks,
> N.

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Check out Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines:
http://www.springer.com/10710 - http://gpemjournal.blogspot.com/

Posted on the users mailing list.