[plt-scheme] Re: Why "lambda"?

From: wooks (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 31 19:46:56 EDT 2009

On May 31, 11:00 pm, Neil Toronto <ntoro... at cs.byu.edu> wrote:
> [...]

Insofar as the message is - you should learn to read Greek because
thats just the way things have been done historically and they still
are and it's what you need to be part of the club - yeah I get that. I
got it the first time you said so, (I disagreed when you talked about
time saved because the same issue has wasted so much of mine).

Insofar as the message is - there's a good reason why we do this
(clarity, avoids ambiguity, makes no difference if you abstract
etc...). No. I ain't swallowing it.

Insofar as I suggest there is a choice it's because I don't feel I
have to join that club or any other that tells me I have to adopt
conventions that make no sense whatsoever to me. I already regret
doing a CS degree anyway.

Posted on the users mailing list.