[plt-scheme] HTDP on National Radio

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun May 31 19:27:27 EDT 2009

Brent Fulgham wrote:
> I turned the radio on this morning and happened to hear radio host Leo
> Laporte recommending a young listener interested in learning to program
> visit the HTDP (http://www.htdp.org) website and download the book and
> use Dr. Scheme.
>
> Quite a shock to hear the words Lisp, Scheme, and "extremely advanced
> programming language" in a matter of five minutes on a syndicated radio
> show. ;-)

    http://techguylabs.com/radio/ShowNotes/Show566

    Thomas, Manhattan Beach, CA - Starting a tech company

    Thomas is 10 years old and he wants to start a software company with
    his friends! He programs in C++, Java, and Python?! Wow. Leo says he
    wants Thomas to learn these programs right, not just noodling with
    them and learning bad habits. So Leo says that Alice is a good place
    to start, but Leo suggests HTDP.ORG. It’s a programming book written
    by software professors all over the country and teaches "SCHEME,"
    which is a "flavor" of a programming language called LISP. Download
    DrScheme. This will teach you to plan, design, and organize your
    software ideas.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.