[plt-scheme] Setting the text selection color in DrScheme on OS X?

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Sun May 31 14:05:16 EDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 7:53 AM, Grant Rettke wrote:

> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> FWIW I find the OS X selection implementation works much better than
>> the Windows one, because it works properly with smoothed text (Under
>> vista I saw strange artifacts around the edges of letters when they
>> were selected which makes it hard to read).
>
> I noticed it, too. The text selection use case is more about seeing
> the whole of the selection and not the text.
>
>> Of course, I generally stick with a white background.
>
> Why do you prefer white on black? Easier reading?

White on black is like most printed text, and unwanted reflections are
less visible.  Also, unless the lenses on your eyes (+ glasses) are
perfect, it is better to be looking at lots of light (ie, a white
page) so that that the pupils are closed as much as possible.

rac

Posted on the users mailing list.