[plt-scheme] Setting the text selection color in DrScheme on OS X?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun May 31 09:48:51 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Robby Findler
> <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
>> I think that this is just how the selection works under mac os x.
>
> I see. On Windows I think it tries to be good about guessing a
> background color that would make the selected text easy to read. On OS
> X it does not. OK.

FWIW I find the OS X selection implementation works much better than
the Windows one, because it works properly with smoothed text (Under
vista I saw strange artifacts around the edges of letters when they
were selected which makes it hard to read). Of course, I generally
stick with a white background.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.