[plt-scheme] Setting the text selection color in DrScheme on OS X?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun May 31 09:06:52 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Richard Cleis <rcleis at mac.com> wrote:
>> You can set the Highlight Color in the Appearance part of System
>> Preferences.  'Appearance' is the first preference in the System Preferences
>> pane.  I made mine somewhat darker, specifically for DrScheme.
>
> Thanks Richard. The problem I see is that it doesn't change the actual
> background color, though. I mean, in the same way that putting cursor
> to the left of a parentheses turns it light grey, this highlighting
> does not.

Hi Grant: many of the colors that drscheme shows you are under the
control of DrScheme. For the text selection color, however, DrScheme
defers to the OS's color selection. So if you want to use white on
black, you should probably also change your selection color in the
dialog that Richard mentioned.

Does that help?

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.