[plt-scheme] [ANN] Scheme Language Steering Committee

From: feeley at iro.umontreal.ca (feeley at iro.umontreal.ca)
Date: Fri May 29 10:36:11 EDT 2009

> I am still awaiting a response to this.
>
> Is this what we can expect of the new SC?  Despotic decisions that are
> not answerable to anyone?

Do you think anyone would have voted differently had they known 5
positions were available on the SC instead of 3?  I think not.  The 2
additional members were the two next in line according to the single
transferable vote proportional representation algorithm used in the
election.  A new election for the two new positions would have been a
waste of everyone's time.  Or are you concerned that we grew the size of
the committee from 3 to 5 members without feedback from the Scheme
community?

I remember when you stood up at the Boston Scheme Workshop (2003?), at the
birth of the R6RS standardization effort, saying "Hey folks this is a
revolution... we don't need the agreement of the rnrs authors to go
ahead".  Were you joking back then or are you joking now?

Marc

P.S. I'm not speaking for the Scheme Standards SC.

Posted on the users mailing list.