[plt-scheme] register-finalizer wills only executed first time program is Run in DrScheme session

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue May 26 06:06:36 EDT 2009

Thanks.  I have some fancy generalized code in a different library (fast
CGI) that could be adapted for this purpose.

However, for this library (you guessed it: database), I would prefer to
use wills from "register-finalizer".

I wonder whether there is something I am doing wrong, or a single bug
that, once fixed, will make my wills execute reliably.

Noel Welsh wrote at 05/26/2009 05:53 AM:
> I suggest using different mechanisms to ensure your database
> connections are never left open. I have never had much success with
> wills.

Posted on the users mailing list.