[plt-scheme] serial port in windows

From: Veer (diggerrrrr at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 18 14:02:40 EDT 2009

Thanks , i downloaded the new version , now it does not crashes anymore.
Just one more question , if you know the answer :
When i write to device eg using (write-bytes #"dt\r" out)  and try to read
back from it (read-byte in) , most of the time nothing comes back.
Is there special setting for output and input port for serial ports.
Though everything works smoothly in linux.

Thanks

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Mon, 18 May 2009 17:03:22 +0530, Veer wrote:
>> In windows(vista) , i tried (open-input-output-file "\\\\.\\COM15"
>> #:mode 'binary #:exists 'update)
>> which though opens it , but when i try to read from it , drscheme crashes.
>
> Are you using version 4.1.5? If so, I think you're seeing a bug that we
> introduced in that version (and have fixed for the next version). And
> in that case, I recommend trying a nightly build:
>
>  http://pre.plt-scheme.org/installers/

Posted on the users mailing list.