[plt-scheme] End-user instructions for upgrading single PLaneT package

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon May 18 09:51:03 EDT 2009

Robby Findler wrote at 05/18/2009 09:30 AM:
> I believe that the way it currently works, no. If you have a version
> installed, you must specify a version number to avoid getting that
> version. Of course, you could uninstall the version you have and then
> a version number-less install would get the latest one.

This is for the SICP support ("http://www.neilvandyke.org/sicp-plt/"),
in which I'm trying to keep the instructions simple.

I found the "can-be-loaded-with" variable, so now uninstalling old
versions is not necessary.  Now I only need a way to say "require the
latest version that's in PLaneT, even if you already have a version
installed."

I'm thinking that, if user already has a version installed, then that
version will have an "upgrade-sicp" procedure in the SICP language.
This procedure would automate going to PLaneT to find the latest
version, doing a dynamic require of it, then instruct the user to
restart DrScheme.

There should also be a "Upgrade SICP" menu item.  (Without obvious HtDP
jokes.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/