[plt-scheme] scrollable pane

From: Carl Eastlund (carl.eastlund at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 14 10:56:39 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Jon Rafkind <rafkind at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> How does one make a scrollable pane/window with the mred toolbox? Currently
> I have a vertical-pane% and I add enough elements to it to go over the
> 10,000 pixel limit. If I use list-box% instead and convert my elements to
> strings then its fine, so I figure a scrollable vertical-pane% won't throw
> an error with too many objects.
>
> It looks like I want something like [style '(vscroll)] but only canvas
> supports that.

At the moment I believe there is no way -- only canvases can have
scrollbars.  I have in the past tried ways to "fake it" by overlaying
a pane and a canvas and tying their movement together manually, but I
never worked it out with any great success.  If someone can work it
out, it would be a great planet package.

--
Carl Eastlund