[plt-scheme] Scheduling fairness

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 13 12:55:08 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a simple scheduler, which has a list of function, all of which
receive a single argument, a state structure and throughout the
execution of my program I have to run this functions in a 'fair' way,
meaning that they should all be ran the same amount of times when the
program has been running 'long enough' but they are also ran in a
random order. If I choose the procedure to execute at a given time by
generating a random number and then selecting the one on the nth
position of the list to be executed, will it be fair or is there a
better way?

Cheers,

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
Webpage: http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm