[plt-scheme] Re: SICP Support in PLT Scheme (now available for testing)

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed May 13 04:01:20 EDT 2009

Benjamin L.Russell wrote at 05/13/2009 03:29 AM:
> Do you have any plans for a GNU Emacs equivalent of this package?

As a separate project, I want to replace Quack with something much better.

For this SICP support project, my main goal is to let SICP students use
DrScheme, which should be smoother and less intimidating than anything
Emacs-like.

Note that I suspect you can actually be able to use this package with
"mzscheme" or "mred" in an Emacs REPL with Quack.  However, for someone
wanting to do SICP with something Emacs-like, even though it would be
nice to bring them into the PLT camp, they might be just as well off by
using MIT Scheme and Edwin.

That said, if anyone swear up and down that they will use PLT Scheme in
a GNU Emacs REPL for SICP, :) then I'll look at tweaking the REPL so it
behaves more like MIT Scheme and Edwin.

Neil V.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/