[plt-scheme] Macros in the same module

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 7 15:21:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Carl Eastlund <carl.eastlund at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Paulo J. Matos <pocmatos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think you want a define-for-syntax not a define-syntax, or you need
>>> to put 'expand-rules' into a (syntax ...). One macro can definitely
>>> expand into another:
>>>
>>> #lang scheme/base
>>>
>>> (define-syntax foo
>>>  (syntax-rules ()
>>>    [(foo name val)
>>>     (bar name val)]))
>>>
>>> (define-syntax bar
>>>  (syntax-rules ()
>>>    [(bar name val)
>>>     (define name val)]))
>>>
>>> (foo a 42)
>>>

>> Hi Noel,
>>
>> Thanks, I knew that I could do that, but I am using syntax-case which
>> I am not so familiar with given syntax-rules as been enough for me
>> each time I need to define something more complex as a macro.
>>
>> Anyway, indeed, define-for-syntax works, but interestingly enough it
>> doesn't show up anything when I search for it in the manual.
>> http://docs.plt-scheme.org/search/index.html?q=define-for-syntax
>>
>> any idea why?
>
> That's strange, I get two hits (define-for-syntax and
> define-values-for-syntax).  Do you have Javascript disabled?  Do other
> searches work for you?

Very interesting. If I search for it as a first time it didn't find
it. I search for another thing directly on the search box and it found
it. Then I replaced the search box for define-for-syntax and also
found it. Wierd stuff. At least now I can see it.

Cheers!

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocmatos at gmail.com
Webpage: http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm

Posted on the users mailing list.