[plt-scheme] Re: [Larceny-users] side effects in R6RS modules

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 5 13:10:16 EDT 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:

> depending on whether you use mzscheme (the executable), plt-r6rs,
> or DrScheme?

As our docs say again and again, plt provides tools for making Scheme-
like languages.

> implementations have to be aware of what's portable and what's not
> and there's nothing new about that.

The only question is why reports have to make it particularly
difficult to port by implicitly or explicitly adding ambiguity. If,
however, the reports aren't about portability, why do they exist at
all? If we just wish to define a relationship between languages that
use the word 'Scheme' to describe themselves, we could instead just
have a workshop/conference where we meet once a year to exchange
ideas. More productive, less argumentative

Posted on the users mailing list.