[plt-scheme] ssl/tls connections

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 31 08:55:15 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 4:08 PM, nik gaffney <nik at fo.am> wrote:

> So, I was wondering what other approaches to reading from a port would
> get around this problem, and/or if there are any examples anyone could
> point me to.

Try syncing on the input and output ports, rather than peeking. I
don't know for sure but I guess that sync is implemented in terms of
select, and the OpenSSL docs suggest you can use select to determine
if data is ready without committing to a read or a write.

I expect your funciton read-async below could be better written. Two things:

 -  I don't think using breaks is a great idea. Sync seems better.
 - Continually calling bytes-append is going to give O(n^2)
complexity. Better to assemble a list of bytes, and then apply
bytes-append, for O(n) complexity.

(define (read-async in)
 (define bstr (make-bytes 0 0))
 (when (byte-ready? in)