[plt-scheme] evaluating buffer w/o re-initializing environment?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Mar 29 14:37:02 EDT 2009

FWIW, I suspect that DrScheme would find more converts from Emacs if
there were power-user features like send-last-sexp-to-repl and
send-selection-to-repl.  Even if they don't work very well.

These rapid/exploratory features could be disabled for the student
languages.  Otherwise you'll have hotshot students showing other
students the features and subverting the pedagogic intent.

I'm not arguing too strongly for making DrScheme more friendly to power
users.  If the Scheme consulting revenue permits, I have a plan to
rewrite all the Emacs Scheme support from scratch, to make it much
closer to DrScheme, while supporting more rapid/exploratory
development.  I'm willing to add some kind of automatic HTDP student
detection and lockout behavior. :)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/