[plt-scheme] TCP error 10038

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 29 07:26:37 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 3:33 AM, DTNOIZR <dtnoizerz58 at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Looks like something interrupted planet the first time and now it is
>> in an inconsistent state. Did you try using the planet command-line
>> tool to remove the old version to try to get a successful download?
>
> I tried from different computers from different places with different OS,
> every time do same thing:
>
> 1)Install PLT Scheme, it was not installed on this computer
> 2)write two lines of code
> #lang scheme:
> (require (planet schematics/spgsql:2:3/spgsql))
> 3)and got error message

This appears to be a bug in ryanc/macros.plt:1:2. The file
interfaces/mred.ss requires "../class.ss" but there is no such file. I
have filed a ticket in trac.

As it turns out, however, that doesn't matter for using
schematics/spgsql:2:3, since it doesn't actually (even indirectly)
require that file.

> did not worked with command line tools, I think no need in command line if I was installed fresh PLT Scheme a few times
>
> on my computer with Windows XP I have installed and uninstalled PLT Scheme a few times, and always the same error

Not that it matters much for this problem, but I'm not sure if
uninstalling PLT Scheme clears the cache. The planet cache is kept
locally.

> also I have a big program, that use "require" (not a two lines of code), and it also do the same error, but there was 2 times when there was no error, and program works
> there are some blinking ...
>
> error messages happens different
>
> .\..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\DTNOIZR\Application Data\PLT Scheme\planet\300\4.1.5\cache\schematics\spgsql.plt\2\3\private\p3-msg-util.ss:221:30: tcp-read: error reading (Unknown error; errno=10038)

This error I'm not seeing and this is the one that looks like planet
was interrupted. Of course, spgsql could be doing something with the
network.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.