[plt-scheme] Boston Lisp Meeting 2009-03-30 update: Lightning talks, etc.

From: Francois-Rene Rideau (fare at tunes.org)
Date: Wed Mar 25 14:59:36 EDT 2009

As previously announced, there will be a Boston Lisp Meeting taking place
Next Monday, March 30th 2009 at 1800 at MIT 34-401B, where
Carl Eastlund will speak about Modular ACL2.
	http://fare.livejournal.com/140695.html

Additionally, having observed the success of the formula at ILC'2009,
I'm instituting Lightning Talks at the Boston Lisp Meeting.
At every meeting, before the main talk, there will be two slots
for strictly timed 5-minute talks followed by 2 minutes for questions.

Our first Lightning Talks will be given by
Matt Knox and François-René Rideau.
	http://fare.livejournal.com/140960.html

Matt Knox has been hacking on Ruby and Scheme for the last 3-4 years.
Looking at Rails, and how to fundamentally improve it, he came up with
GoaloC (Generate on a Lot of Crack).

I, François-René Rideau, am a story-teller who dream myself as a software
author. I will address designers of computer languages and systems about
Better Stories, Better Languages.

Dinner: ITA Software, is kindly offering us a buffet.
Anyone who attends is welcome to partake. However, we appreciate it if you
would let us know in advance you're coming, and what food taboos you have.
Tell us by sending email to boston-lisp-meeting-register at common-lisp.net
(you remain anonymous, no spam, no ack unless requested).

Finally, our next next meeting will happen on Monday 2009-04-27, and
will feature Noah Goodman on MIT-Church, a non-deterministic Scheme.
The previously announced speaker, Norman Ramsey, will hopefully be speaking
in May, on purely functional dataflow optimization (in Haskell).

Posted on the users mailing list.