[plt-scheme] scheme inside c++

From: Thomas Chust (chust at web.de)
Date: Wed Mar 18 07:19:45 EDT 2009

2009-03-18 e <eviertel at gmail.com>:
> i tried to do this:
>
> http://www.godpatterns.com/article/embedding-scheme-in-c/
>
> [...]
>
> and then got an un-smiley face back from my mac:
>
> ./a.out #f::0: compile: unbound identifier (and no #%app syntax transformer
> is bound) at: + in: (+ 1 1)
> Seg fault (internal error) at 0x4
> Bus error
>
> [...]

Hello,

since the program apparently runs and invokes the Scheme interpreter,
it looks as if compilation and linking of the host program were
unproblematic.

However, the environment you use for evaluation seems to lack some
basic syntax and your host program doesn't do proper error checking
passing invalid pointers after the error on to other Scheme runtime
functions which is very likely to be the reason for the segfault.

cu,
Thomas