[plt-scheme] DrScheme TXT requests

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 16 16:10:26 EDT 2009

Grant Rettke wrote:

>> It would be nice, but not essential, so I think the resources would be
>> > better spent elsewhere. (How many people use DrScheme for editing
>> > text?)
>
> Most people wouldn't bother. Perhaps it shouldn't be there than?

We have our first-year students create and submit text files at a point
when we cannot assume that they know of any other text editor and we do
not want them using something such as Microsoft Word which they think is
producing a text file but is in fact producing some more complicated
format. Having text mode in DrScheme is convenient. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.