[plt-scheme] planet create needs compilation info

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 11 21:32:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Dave Herman <dherman at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> Is this a symptom of the recent problem Matthew pointed out on the
>> plt-dev mailing list (ie, planet is using some temporary island to
>> build the package locally)?
>
> Is it doing that? I didn't think it was building the package; I thought it
> just builds the Scribble docs.
>
> I looked through the thread and I don't *think* it's relevant, though I
> didn't understand everything. Note that in my example none of the module
> paths are relative, unlike the problem Carl was reporting.

I've not had a chance to investigate properly, but it makes sense that
building the docs doesn't work properly in a place that isn't known by
setup-plt and that is what seems to be happening when planet create
runs. In any case, I certainly hope that the answer is "no" to your
question of 'does the user have to make sure the .zo files are up to
date before running planet create?'.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.