[plt-scheme] Re: Install error: access from an uncertified context...

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Mar 5 14:54:43 EST 2009

On Mar  5, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Thursday 05 March 2009, Noel Welsh wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Michael Schuerig <michael at schuerig.de>
> wrote:
> > > I don't understand how things work nearly well enough, to diagnose
> > > the cause of this problem. The only workaround I've found is to
> > > remove the planet cache an reinstall packages again after
> > > installing PLT Scheme.
> >
> > Looks like the problem is in scribble-paper.plt. I expect this error
> > doesn't really matter, and everything will run fine (possibly some
> > libraries won't be precompiled and some docs won't be built but this
> > probably won't be a major issue).
>
> It is an issue, because make install is aborted by it. As I don't know
> if there are any important make steps afterwards, the best I can do is
> clear the planet cache and run make install again.

There is no steps done after the setup-plt step.  You can also use
`make plain-install' to avoid the setup-plt step completely, and run
it manually afterwards.

> I take it, though without having tested it, that rebuilding the
> cache for installed planet packages is an optional optimization.  If
> that is indeed the case, make install should not abort when an error
> occurs during rebuilding.

At some point I suggested making the setup-plt step use the `--no-user'
flag, which disables planet and user-specific collection builds, but I
think that there was some reason to not do that.