[plt-scheme] DrScheme on SunRay, no fonts

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 4 14:33:44 EST 2009

At Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:27:32 -0500, Jarrett Lee wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2009, at 14:10, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > That looks like the right place. But I forgot to suggest removing
> > "~/.plt-scheme/plt-prefs.ss", since the "defaults" directory is used
> > only when the user does not already have a preferences file.
> >
> > Matthew
>

> I ended up having to put the file in the user's home directory. For
> some reason it creates ~/.plt-scheme/plt-prefs.ss even if the .plt-
> scheme directory does not exist and the file in the defaults directory
> does.

DrScheme will create that directory and file, but it should start as a
copy of the file in "defaults".

But now it occurs to me that there are two layers, and the lower layer
looks for "~/.plt-scheme/plt-prefs.ss" before the higher layer copies
out of "defaults". So, that's not a good solution after all.

Another possibility is to adjust the defaults that are built into the
executable. You could do that by modifying the source file
"plt/src/wxcommon/FontDirectory.cxx" before building.

Posted on the users mailing list.