[plt-scheme] DrScheme on SunRay, no fonts

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 4 12:20:43 EST 2009

At Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:46:49 -0500, Jarrett Lee wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2009, at 14:33, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > What output do you get for
> >
> >  mred -e '(get-face-list)'
> >
> > on both the server console and the thin client?
>
> I figure it's probably best to attach the two outputs since they are
> so long.

For some reason, DrScheme is looking at only traditional X11 fonts, and
not fontconfig fonts. Worse, on DTU, it can't find "-*-lucida" or
"-*-courier", and whatever ends up being the default is (I guess) blank
for ASCII characters.

Just to make sure that DrScheme is really compiled for Xft, can you
send me your entire "configure_output.txt" and "config.log"? Maybe
something later is disabling it.

Posted on the users mailing list.