[plt-scheme] how to specify the language "PLAI Scheme" in PLT Scheme in Emacs

From: Benjamin L.Russell (DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 4 04:54:17 EST 2009

I am interested in working through PLAI, but using PLT Scheme in
Emacs, instead of DrScheme.  However, I do not know how to specify the
language "PLAI Scheme" (corresponding to the "PLAI - Advanced Student"
language specified on p. 8 of the text) in MzScheme, as opposed to
DrScheme.  In fact, according to the online documentation (see below),
there does not seem to be a way.  The version of PLT Scheme that I am
using is v4.1.4.

According to the online documentation for MzScheme for the CS173
course associated with PLAI (see "MzScheme: Legacy Module Language" at
http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs173/2008/Manual/mzscheme/index.html),
the documentation refers to "the mzscheme language," implying that
MzScheme is a separate language from "PLAI Scheme," and not just a
command-line tool equipped with the same languages.

Furthermore, according to the online documentation for the software
accompanying PLAI (see the "Programming Languages: Application and
Interpretation" section of the "PLT Scheme (installation)" manual at
http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs173/2008/Manual/manual/index.html),
choosing the language in DrScheme is described, but choosing the
language in MzScheme in Emacs is not.

Is there any way to specify the language "PLAI Scheme" when working
with a PLT Scheme REPL in Emacs?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^