[plt-scheme] TeachScheme, ReachJava workshops this summer

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 2 11:14:42 EST 2009

For those of you who haven't heard, we're again offering our week-
long summer workshops for teachers of beginning computer
programming.  The basic workshop spends two to three days on how to
teach a Scheme-based first course, and two to three days on how to
teach the transition to Java in a second course without losing the
good habits students learned in the first course.  For those who have
already been to one of our workshops, the Boston workshop will have
more advanced tracks in addition to a basic workshop as described above.

Workshops are being held in 2009 at four sites:

- Adelphi University in Long Island, June 22-26
- Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, June 28-July 2
- Northeastern University in Boston, July 20-24
- University of Utah in Salt Lake City, August 3-7

The National Science Foundation covers the cost of the workshop and
(for most participants) travel and lodging.  Workshops are open to
high school and college faculty, with priority given to college
faculty due to conditions of our funding.

For more information, see

http://www.teach-scheme.org/
http://www.adelphi.edu/sbloch/class/hs/testimonials/

or contact me at sbloch at adelphi.edu .