[plt-scheme] How to execute eval from a network udp socket?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 30 05:56:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Todd Rovito<rovitotv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can then execute netcat to send udp s-expressions to the server like
> so "nc -u 192.168.1.2 51515" then enter (+ 2 3) and I can see the
> string in the repl-buffer.  Now my question is how do I execute the
> repl-buffer to get the answer 5?  I would like to use the eval
> function but I don't understand the arguments that I need.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

There have been a number of threads recently about eval. Here's one,
showing how to call eval within a module:

http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2009-June/034083.html

Read this thread to get an understanding of why eval is generally a bad idea:

http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2009-June/034139.html

HTH,
N.

Posted on the users mailing list.