[plt-scheme] Programatically Constructed Symbol Used As An Identifier???

From: Veer (diggerrrrr at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 27 02:40:45 EDT 2009

Your's and jos example is correct way to do what OP asked and
I would have used the similar method as your's. I just observed that
using eval also seems to work  :)  .

I really don't know what top-level-form is , can you give an example
of top-level-forms and not top-level-forms. I assume it is list of definitions
or simply all forms which are not nested ,right or wrong?

Thanks
Veer

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Grant Rettke<grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Veer<diggerrrrr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Using eval seems to work :
>>
>> (define (add3 x y)
>>  (apply (eval (append-symbol 'add 'er))
>>     (list x y)))
>
> Do you have the answer lined up for the OP when this doesn't work
> anywhere but the top-level? :)

Posted on the users mailing list.