[plt-scheme] Invoking units

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 15 06:21:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 09:47 +0100, Noel Welsh wrote:
> I always use the 'infer' variants these days. The unit
> gaussian-cluster@ below imports a binding named a (alpha rendered as
> ascii). I just define a in the lexical environment and invoke as
> follows:
>
> (define a (vector covariance prior-mean prior-covariance))
> (define-values/invoke-unit/infer gaussian-cluster@)

Thanks Noel, but I don't think I can use the /infer variant.
I am generating in run-time the unit code and passing the file name
containing the unit to a function that dynamically requires it and
invokes the unit. A small example is this:
#lang scheme

(define-signature test^
  (test))

(define (main my-module)
  (let* ([test@ (dynamic-require my-module 'test@)]
         [test (lambda (foo) (* 2 foo))]
         [unit-result (invoke-unit/infer test@)])
    unit-result))

This will generate:
invoke-unit/infer: unknown unit definition in: test@

So, I guess my only solution is to link the unit manually...

Cheers,

Paulo Matos