[BULK] Re: [plt-scheme] The perfect teaching language--Is this too much to ask for?

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Sun Jun 14 05:50:59 EDT 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 23:20:55 -0400
Carl Eastlund <carl.eastlund at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Stephen Bloch<sbloch at adelphi.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to get enforced contracts in PLT Scheme within a
> > single module?
>
> Yes, the new "with-contract" construct allows contract boundaries at
> arbitrary places in programs:

Yes, I wassearching for this some time ago and was delighted when I
stumbled upon that post in the blog. While contracts are a bit more
tricky to use, they are vastly more flexible then type checks. One
could implement type checks with contracts, but one could also check the
integrity of the passed values, like heap? or sorted? or something like
this.

regards,
/M

Posted on the users mailing list.