[plt-scheme] The perfect teaching language--Is this too much to ask for?

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sun Jun 14 00:03:33 EDT 2009

Languages to look at are Algol 68, Modula 3, and Eiffel.

Modula 3 is available free from elego systems via www.modula3.org. Use
the cm3 compiler; it's the one that's currently maintained.  The m3devel
mailing list is where to ask questions.  THey're currently preparing a
release and discovering that all their how-to-install docs are out of
data, so it probably *will* require asking questions on the mailing list
to get started right now.

Eiffel is available free in a poorly docmented dialect called smarteifel.

I do most of my programming at the moment in Modula 3.  It's run-time
secure, strongly-typed, statically typed (except for a few secure ways
of handling dynamic data), garbage-collected, object-oriented, and
efficient enough to be used as a systems langauge.  An operating system
has been written in it.  It is wordy.  It does help to be able to type.
(pun intended)

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.